Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Procrastination II

Zen Habiter Leo Babauta says "Do less. Get more done." It doesn't work that way with me. The less I have on my plate, the more I procrastinate. Case in point is the book I'm translating. I promised the publisher I would deliver the book on February 15th, 2009.

Yeah.

I'm still working on it.

Actually I'm thinking about working on it. This morning, I had every intention of taking my place in front of the computer by 9:30 am the latest. I made it there at 10 am. Not bad. It's 10:26 am now. I still haven't made it into the folder that is home to the document I'm translating. Oh well. Design and home decor blogs are just so much more interesting. Target's web site is not bad either. In a little while, I might get up to get some tea. Maybe read the paper that was just delivered to my desk. If only I can make it until lunchtime. I might have more energy in the afternoon.

If only I had said no.

I need to learn to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment